Friday, October 26, 2007

It's my birthday. . . (where were you when Jerry died?)

What a perfect day it was. Dad and Margaret sing Happy Birthday to me from Omaha. Paris on the Missouri. 58 years on this sweet earth. Dan brings me coffee in bed.
Breakfast is papaya with strawberry bananas and lime. Followed by coffee and a raspberry oatmeal muffin in Pa'ia. Off we go to buy a new bikini. I need to retire two this year. The coral and cocao number is 'da bomb.



Lunch is at Halii'maile General Store in Upcountry. Just past Oprah's place. Bev Gannon is a world class chef. The meal was superb. I announced, "Why EVER eat any place else!" We shared a crab pizza. Then Dan enjoyed the Kobi beef burger I had the crab cake on Spinach greens with a very light tangy dressing. Very mysterious flavors. . .But so FRESH! My little radish sprouts burst in my mouth (Good thing I flossed.)
Then I walked through the screen door with my sun glasses on and while Dan napped, I had to call the owner down to please help fix it.
Off to Keawaukapa Beach. Thoroughly cooling Dan and 1.2 mile stretch for me to stroll.

Dinner is Sushi and Champagne. We watch Blue Crush a surfing movie and I open my present. . .a jewelry tree from Moab of all places. Dan makes all my dreams come true.
Oh, and Anna called to say I love you Mom!

No comments: